A setup guide with general information to help you get the most out of your new theme. This document covers the installation, setup, and use of this theme. It provides answers and solutions to common problems and issues—we encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties. We have tried our best to keep it as simple as possible. If you think it can be made any simpler let us know, we will be glad to change it. Let’s get started !
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information in regard to installing the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex at http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
When you are ready to install a theme, you must first upload the theme files and then activate the theme itself. The theme files can be uploaded in two ways:
- FTP Upload: To manually upload your new WordPress theme, login with your credentials to your website and locate the wp-content folder in your WordPress install files. Upload the un-zipped Wonder folder into the: wp-content/themes folder.
- WordPress Upload: Navigate to Appearance → Add New Themes → Upload. Go to browse, and select the zipped theme folder. Click Install Now and the theme will upload and install automatically. When uploading your theme with the installer, please ensure you are uploading the theme .zip file, not the entire package you downloaded.
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it. Go to Appearance → Themes and activate your new theme.
Add a Blog Post
From within your WordPress Dashboard, navigate to Posts→ Add new. Select the post format on the right sidebar and the format specific meta fields will appear below the editor. Don’t forget to upload your featured image!
To customize the sidebar on the right side of the blog, navigate to Appearance→Customize and click on Widgets. Click on Sidebar and Add or remove the widgets according to your requirement. Click Save.
The theme comes packed with features that control the layout and extend the functionality of WordPress. This section will document those features and how to use them successfully.
The theme has a single custom menu location located in the header. You can assign this location a custom menu and in addition, custom menus to be used within widgets.
To set up your custom menu, navigate to Appearance → Menus. Click on create a new menu . Give your menu a name and build it up using the available widgets. You can add a variety of items including pages, categories, custom links by clicking add to Menu. To extend the available widgets, click the screen options tab at the very top of the screen and configure your options. Once you have built your menu, save it and assign it to a location.
For more information, visit: http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/
The theme uses the built-in WordPress Customizer. You can access it by navigating to Appearance → Customize. The theme options are conveniently spread over a number of tabs and each tab contains the options that pertain to a particular area of the theme.
Site Title and Tagline
To set the title and the Tagline of the website navigate to Appearance → Customize. Click on Site identity. Enter Site Title and Tagline. Click on Save.
You can customize the theme accent color, header background color, header menu color, Heacer Menu Hover Color, Header Menu Hover Background Color. To customize the color for the website navigate to Appearance → Customize. Click on Colors. Select the color of your choice under various heads as you desire. Click Save.
To set the Header Logo navigate to Appearance → Customize. Click on Site Identity. Upload and select the Image you like to set up as the Header logo. Click Save & Publish.
Full Page Template:
A Full Width Page is one that has no sidebars and all the width of the page is just content. To create your full Page, simply create a page using full page template.
Disable Post Comment:
To disable Post comment, go to the particular post on which you want to turn off the comments from the dashboard. Click on the Screen Options on the top ride side of the screen and check on the discussion checkbox. A discussion box will appear below page editor. Uncheck the checkbox Allow Comments in the Discussion box. Click on Update.
Easthill comes with inbuilt social media icon featured. Navigate to Dashboard >> Appearance >> Customize >> Social Media Settings to add your social profile URLs
Easthill has a beautiful looking slider template.
- Create a Page and select “Homepage” from the Page Template drop down
- Go to Settings >> Reading >> and Choose that page you created as FrontPage
- Go to Dashboard >> Appearance >> Customizer > Slideshow Settings
- Check/Enable Home Page Slideshow
- Check/Enable Slide Show Caption
- Choose Category from which you want to pull the post for slideshow.
Featured posts are three posts that are shown below Slideshow on the Homepage. To enable featured posts
- Navigate to Dashboard >> Appereance >> Customizer
- Open Featured Post Settings Tab
- Check “Enable Featured Post Section”
- Enter Title for Featured Post Section
- Choose Category from which you want to feature the posts
Featured post section will only show the latest 3 posts from the selected category
- We highly recommend to use Child Theme if you need to change the code of the theme. Do not change the codes in the files of the parent theme as all such changes will be lost when the theme is updated. For information about How to create a child theme visit :https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
- Always keep BackUp of your theme before making any changes to the theme.
- If you get any problem in using the theme, you can do the following things:
- Deactivate the plugins, sometime plugin conflict may cause issues with the theme. Please deactivate the unused plugins.
- Replace latest modified code with the original code.
- If the issue still pertains, feel free to contact us using our Support Ticket